Thursday, June 9, 2011

30th Anniversary Tributes


30 yrs of marriage is quite a feat.  You have spent more time together as a couple than I have spent time on earth.  I feel so lucky to have such an amazing example of marriage right in our home.

I have 30 reasons I am thankful you guys joined forces and became one June 4th 1981.

#1 reason.  I got the chance to first hand feel the intense love parents have for their children

#2 I had a male figure who taught me the importance of work and money and a female figure who taught me the importance of love and friendship

#3 I am so grateful for your constant energy and resources to provide for 6 children.  I count my siblings as my closest and dearest friends and can’t imagine life in a smaller family

#4 You gave me the power to dream.  My crazy talents and goals were always obtainable in your eyes and still are today. You pushed me forward in everything I pursued even if it meant building me a stage so I could develop into the actress I knew I was going to be, or building me a balance beam so I could become a gold metal gymnast.

#5 Although my career path has changed from one thing to the next I know what I want and it’s nothing but what you’ve shown me. A mother, a wife, a friend, a sister, and a support anytime someone needs me.

#6 I felt unconditional love everyday.  I remember the day the librarian handed me my dewey decimal test with a giant red F on the paper.  I was so sad and scared to bring that home. Of course I got a hug and mom helped explain what I didn’t understand and Dad gave an HR answer like, “ oh at real library some one will find you the book and you won’t need to know the numbering system.”  I was cheered up instantly

#7 I loved seeing you guys laugh around the kitchen table

#8 I love how close you are to your parents.  Mom is making sure Stan and Leola are ok and Dad is always checking up on HR or being checked up on.  Either way, you guys are always such wonderful kids and I hope I can be just as wonderful to you.

#9 You always make Brady and I so happy. Whether it’s driving around the city looking for houses or making us spaghetti on a busy night, you always have time to bless us  

#10 You have always been competitive with each other.  The day you started dating was the start of the competition of which way is faster from our house to Stan and Leolas

#11 You always had time and energy for fun.  We played crack the egg on the trap, we played night games, and pink ball. We played buzzer time.  We crafted, we wrote plays, we did music videos, and even learned to iceskate like Nancy Cardigan in the garage.

#12  You taught us to work whether in the yard, at the cranes, in the neighbors yards, or cowboy grub.  We all value the feeling we get after a solid day of work

#13 We learned to pray…and pray long like mom

#14 I love that we didn’t grow up part time in Pinedale like Dad’s idea of life

#15  I loved having my reception in the backyard because it already was filled with love from life long memories
#16 You are always so willing to let any of us use the basement apartment and designed it many years ago for that very purpose.

#17 We have tried about every flavor of chip and cracker and found out the normal flavors are probably the safest and tastiest

#18 Mom took time to teach us to cook

#19 Dad took time to teach us the gospel

#20 You made us learn to love our brothers and sisters at an early age so now that we are adults we are all best friends

#21 Somehow dad taught us how to be grateful for just about anything.  Even the bent to heck fork that opened our infamous microwave

#22You taught us to share-slushys, rooms, clothes, cars and don’t forget the family of 8 sharing that one upstairs bathroom on Sunday morning

#23 You liven up our days with your phone calls

#24 You have helped us all know that marriage is not a walk in the park. It takes work and unselfish love to make a marriage work

#25 We have seen forgiveness first hand, we have seen honesty, love, compassion, service.

#26 We have seen how beneficial marriage is and will be 30 years down the road.

#27 Your kids weren’t sent off to be taught by the world, we came home from school and were taught by you

#28 Your talents and skills were always important to us, and ours were always important to you.  Even if we got in for the last two minutes of the blow out game.

#29 You teach us the importance of prayer, faith, and fasting.  Your son in Mexico is going to weigh 30 pounds when he gets home from all his fasting

#30 Our family was always first.  Even when there were crane jobs to complete, and young womens lessons to plan, home was always the place you wanted to be








No comments:

Post a Comment