Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Gospel

From an early age I knew how important the gospel was in your life.  You made so many efforts to help me understand what you believed and why you felt so strongly. We read scriptures together. We had numerous family nights. We walked to church every week together.  I heard your testimony.  I watched you start and fulfill calling. You made me notice miracles. You helped me recognize the peace we feel when the gospel is taught in our home.

Sometimes you don't know when children are watching but I can't count on my fingers the number of times I saw you kneeling beside your bed praying, or reading the scriptures in a quiet corner.  Without words or actions, you taught me most. You didn't mean it to, but that's how I learned.

From your lessons and teachings, I learned what was true. But by your example, I learned how to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment