Thursday, June 16, 2011

Leaving the nest

I got a good laugh coming with you to drop off the ducks. You had them for two months and sorrow and tears filled your eyes.  You loved them so much and couldn't bare leaving them to fend for themselves.

It made me remember the days before I flew the coop.  You were so sad to see me go but so extremely excited to have Brady join the coop.  You love us so much and don't want anything to change even if we are like your pet ducks. Dirty, smelly, needy, loud, ungrateful, and ugly.  Whatever we were you had a deep deep love for us and never wanted to see us leave.

I feel so grateful for the time I had under your wing.  23 yrs of joy and laughter that I will never forget.I hope to form the same positive environment for my future ducklings.



No comments:

Post a Comment